Strawberry Grapefruit Popsicles
These strawberry grapefruit popsicles are slightly sweet, a little tart, refreshing, and made with just 3 simple, real food ingredients. Plus, you can easily customize them!
Servings: 9 popsicles
- 2 cups strawberries - fresh or frozen see notes
- 1 grapefruit, peeled (any variety) or substitution
- 2-4 tablespoon sweetener of choice
Remove the rind from the grapefruit and as much of the pith as you can and discard. Add the grapefruit to the base of a blender along with the strawberries and 2 tablespoons of the sweetener and blend until smooth.
Taste and add more sweetener as needed.
Pour the mixture into your popsicles molds and fill ¾ of the way full. Freeze for 5-6 hours* (see notes) or until frozen through.
- If using wooden popsicle sticks, freeze for at least 1 hour before adding the sticks. This helps them stay in place.
- Using frozen strawberries? Thaw them in the fridge first. This makes the mixture much easier to blend since the only liquid in these popsicles is from the fruit.
How can you make these strawberry grapefruit popsicles using what you already have? Here are some ideas…
- Don't like grapefruit? ➝ orange, lemon, or lime all pair well with strawberries (see helpful tips section for quantity)
- Sweeteners to use ➝ cane sugar would be my first choice. I was out so I used honey, but maple syrup would also work