I’ve always loved snickers. It was often the go-to candy bar that we’d put in our pockets when we went skiing. On the chairlift, we’d indulge in a few bites before the next run.
I typically love something sweet following dinner (and sometimes lunch) no matter how full I say I am two minutes before. The next thing I know, I find myself staring into the fridge or cupboards looking for a treat.
Do you do that, too?
It’s as though suddenly you find some extra room in your stomach (or to ‘fill the cracks’, as my husband’s grandfather would say).
Ingredients in Snickers Candy Bites
I’m not a big fan of real candy because of all the processed sugar and other questionable ingredients, but there are times when you want something that tastes indulgent without the candy hangover.
What I love about these snickers candy bites are what’s in them – just three simple ingredients:
Medjool dates are a great source of natural sweetness and provide that caramel flavor and chewiness.
Peanut butter is the perfect salty complement to the sweetness of the Medjool dates. And the crunchy peanut butter adds a nice texture element.
Chocolate chips are what make the whole dessert come together and make these so decadent.
Why You Need to Make These Snickers Bites STAT
Typically, when you want something sweet, you want it now. When you have a sweet tooth, patience doesn’t really exist. These snickers candy bites are very easy to make and don’t take much time.
These bites are the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Plus, have you ever met anyone who doesn’t like chocolate and peanuts/peanut butter together? Yeah, me neither.
If you can’t do peanuts because of an allergy, don’t worry – there’s something here for you, too.
This is a very loose recipe so that you can make however many or however little you’d like.
Or if you need to make a lot and hide them in your secret stash for a sh*tty day, I’m all for it.
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Parchment paper or Silicone Baking Mats (I’ve used these for years and highly recommend, plus they’re a great eco-friendly option)
- Rubber spatula (I love this set)
- Glass bowl
3 Ingredient Snickers Candy Bites
- Start by removing the pit from each date. Do this by splitting the date with your hands (or a sharp knife). You don’t want to split them all the way in half or else you’ll only be stuffing half instead of the full date (which would still be delicious).
- Spoon as much as you’d like of your nut or seed butter into each date (depending on the size of the date, this is about 1 teaspoon). Once stuffed, put in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil (if using) and melt in the microwave or using the double boiler method until smooth.
- Take the stuffed dates out of the freezer. With a fork, dip the stuffed dates into the melted chocolate mixture, completely dunking until well covered, shaking off any excess chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer for at least 1 hour to harden and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
- The coconut oil will help to harden up the chocolate in the fridge faster and make the chocolate a little silkier, but it’s not necessary to make these snickers candy bites.