This dairy-free snacks list includes both homemade and store bought options. All snacks are nondairy, lactose free, milk free, contain no high fructose corn syrup, and are free of other common allergens such as gluten and soy, with several nut free options. Great for anyone with a dairy allergy or multiple food allergies.
There's something for everyone on this list from kids to adults including healthy dairy-free snack ideas, homemade treats, and some better-for-you store bought options.
It's always helpful to have snacks on hand you know you can safely eat when it comes to road trips, traveling, running errands, or simply just snacking between meals.
Important to note: When buying store-bought snacks, make sure to always read the ingredient labels, even if they "look" safe. Sometimes companies sneakily add in milk powder or whey protein, and it's always better to be safe than sorry. Especially with a food allergy.
Healthy Dairy Free Snack Ideas
These wholesome dairy-free snacks have simple ingredients, contain healthy fats, and fiber, and are a great source of protein making them a nutritious snack choice.
- Fresh vegetables such as bell peppers, baby carrots, cucumbers, snap peas, or celery sticks with creamy roasted red pepper hummus.
- Fresh fruit such as apple slices or banana slices with peanut butter, homemade cashew butter, almond butter, or granola butter.
- Green Piña Colada Smoothie
- Mango Pineapple Popsicles
- Frozen yogurt granola bars with fruit
- Maple Tahini Nut Free Granola or 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola with dairy free yogurt and fresh or frozen fruit.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
- Oat Milk Chia Pudding
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oat Pancakes
- Strawberry Grapefruit Popsicles
- Crispy Baked Carrot Fries
- Roasted Nuts
- Sweet Potato Toast
- Sushi Burrito
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
Homemade Baked Goods
Try one of the following dairy-free snack recipes so you know exactly what ingredients are inside. All recipes can be made gluten free, if they aren't already.
- Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Dairy Free Banana Bread
- Apple Mug Cake
- Blackberry Lemon Bread
- Carrot Cake Loaf With Zesty Citrus Glaze
- Dairy Free Blueberry Muffins
Homemade Savory Snacks
If you're looking for a filling snack, these savory options are full of plant-based protein and all work with a gluten-free diet as well.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Crispy Baked Garbanzo Beans
- Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Tropical Trail Mix
- Vietnamese Pizza
- Green Chile Cashew Queso
- Ricotta Toast With Roasted Grapes
- Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 10 Minute Pizza Wrap
Homemade Gluten Free Dairy Free Treats
These gluten free dairy free treats are a great healthier option when you have a sweet tooth but don't want a ton of added sugar. Several recipes are refined sugar free as well.
- 3 Ingredient Date Snickers
- Edible Cookie Dough Bites (No Bake)
- Oat Milk Hot Chocolate
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Popsicles
- Dairy Free Banana Pudding
- Indonesian Avocado Shake (Jus Alpukat)
- Homemade Peanut Butter M&Ms
- Baked Apples With Dairy Free Caramel Sauce
- Puppy Chow Bars
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Toast Crunch
You no longer have to go to specialty stores to find both indulgent and healthy dairy-free snacks, many grocery stores have several options, and of course, you can find most things online as well.
Dairy Free Crunchy Snack Ideas
- Terra Vegetable Chips
- Jackson's Sweet Potato Chips
- Siete Potato Chips - they have several different flavors and they're all gluten, soy, and dairy free.
- Siete Tortilla Chips - they have some of the same flavors as their potato chips with a few different ones as well. All are gluten, dairy, and soy free.
- Seaweed Snacks
- Kale Chips
- Bare Apple Chips or Bare Banana Chips
- Popcorn - great store-bought brands include Lesser Evil (some of their flavors do contain dairy so be sure to read the ingredient label first) and Angie's Boom Chicka Pop.
- Pretzels - Quinn (they have several choices including twists and pretzel-filled nuggets) or Fit Joy.
- Hippeas (Organic Chickpea Puffs) - these are really tasty plus they're all vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free and come in a variety of flavors.
- Lesser Evil Paleo Puffs No Cheese Cheesiness
- Rice cakes
- Simple mills gluten-free crackers - all of their products are made with really simple ingredients and all but the cheddar cheese crackers are dairy free, as well as gluten free, and soy free. They do have a few nut free options as well with their crackers.
- Simple Mills Honey Cinnamon Sweet Thins - these taste just like teddy grahams, but are gluten, soy, and dairy free. they're SO good!
- Siete Mexican Wedding Cookies
- That's It Fruit Bar - I love the mini fruit bars.
- Larabars - the OG fruit and nut bar that comes in many different flavors
- Fruit Leather or fruit snacks. I also love the Pure Organic Layered Fruit Bars that are only sweetened with real fruit puree and fruit juice.
- Dried fruit - it should just be 100% fruit with no added sugar.